corpus-paul - Re: Paul's Naivete

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "kquast" <kquast AT worldgate.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's Naivete
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 11:31:24 -0600

Jim West wrote, in response to L.M Barre:

>Surely you dont mean to suggest that Paul wrote 2 Tim, do you?

I suppose I should let Dr. Barre speak for himself, but I think that is what
he is assuming. And, personally, I think the presumption of pseudonymity of
2 Tim is unwarranted by the evidence. Perhaps no one is particularly eager
to get into this, but I would propose that a stronger case for the Pauline
authorship of the Pastorals can be made than a case for their pseudonymity.
Is this something anyone would like to discuss?

Kevin Quast, Th.D.
Academic Dean and Professor of NT
North American Baptist College
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada