corpus-paul - Re: corpus-paul digest: May 06, 1999

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: gds AT dor.kaiser.org
  • To: <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: corpus-paul digest: May 06, 1999
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 99 09:04:31 -0800

Folks:

I am doing a summer intensive course on general hermeneutics. Does
anybody know of any books/essays/articles that track a specific text
and its interpretation through it's major exegetical phases, i.e.,
through the centuries? All I need is a few passages that are tracked
in this way to show some of the ways "reader response" has always been
with us, though the criticism has not. I'm an OT person by trade, but
this is an OT/NT course, so it can be either way. Years ago, I think
I remember I.H. Marshall or somebody doing something like this
somewhere with Luke 15. But, I'm looking for any comprehensive
dealing with a text or two.

- Gary D. Salyer
Fuller Northern California