corpus-paul - Re: Paul and the Gospels--ENOUGH!!

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Perry L. Stepp" <plstepp AT flash.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul and the Gospels--ENOUGH!!
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:45:34 -0400

Not to be rude or anything (and I don't mean to single out John Hurd or
anyone else)--but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

From: John C. Hurd <John.Hurd AT Squam.org>

>When I was young and innocent, I assumed that the synoptic problem
>(specifically the Q hypothesis) was one (like manuscript study) in which
>constructive discussion could come from any scholarly source, whether
>critical or conservative.

I think it's time we left synoptic source criticism behind and returned to
manners Pauline. NO MORE POSTS ON Q (or Griesbach, or Farrer, or Boismard)
THAT DON'T PERTAIN TO PAULINE STUDIES, PLEASE!!!

(Sorry for shouting, I really don't mean to be rude. And no, I'm not a
moderator, just a punk Ph.D. candidate.)

Grace,

PLStepp

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
DCC's webpage: http://come.to/DeSotoCC
Ph.D. Candidate in Religion, Baylor University
#1 Cowboy Fan

Some ideas are so absurd that only an intellectual could
believe them
--attributed to George Orwell

  • Re: Paul and the Gospels--ENOUGH!!, Perry L. Stepp, 04/07/1999