ch-scene - tonight: NOISE NOMADS(!), NNA TAPES peoples, Inspector 22, Boyzone

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ryan Martin <rymars AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: tonight: NOISE NOMADS(!), NNA TAPES peoples, Inspector 22, Boyzone
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:08:38 -0500

Tonight Tuesday the 14th, 9PM @ Meadows of Dan ::: very special gig,
because today we
just added NOISE NOMADS

wild bill, diverse sounds, playing:

NOISE NOMADS - long-running Western Mass performance / noise diehard
is in-town for a work related duty, so we are very fortunate he is
playing the gig tonight - last time he played, two years ago, Jeff
Rehnlund and I were talking about it for weeks afterwards ... He
doesn't tour very often down South, so this will be a rare opportunity
for you to feel elated and also a little bit scared in that singular
Noise Nomads way. Don't miss!

TOOTH ACHE - from Vermont, dreamy solo synth pop - taste:
http://toothache.bandcamp.com/track/eurydice

TOBY ARONSON - cool glass of water new age synth arpeggiations, runs
the NNA Tapes label (releases by Caboladies/Oneohtrix Point Never,
Pulse Emitter, Driphouse, Ryan Garbes, Josh Burke, more ...),
collaborates with Greg Davis in the band Harmonizer - infos:
www.nnatapes.com
http://soundcloud.com/nnatapes/toby-aronson-picnic-point -
nice article about NNA here: http://www.foxydigitalis.com/foxyd/?p=4396

BOYZONE - last show of the year, post-colombian compositions, psychodrama

INSPECTOR 22 - local favorite - Satanic folk pop from Todd E bringing
the life eclipse. He has an excellent new cd-r/cassette on
Dontrusttheruin, "FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES" www.myspace.com/middletooth

Bring any dollar amount for the touring bands, BYOB, 9PM til MIDNIGHT

MEADOWS is at 112 HANNA ST CARRBORO

x o

Ryan

  • tonight: NOISE NOMADS(!), NNA TAPES peoples, Inspector 22, Boyzone, Ryan Martin, 12/14/2010