ch-scene - Re: For Bands with MySpace pages

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ross Grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: For Bands with MySpace pages
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:37:08 -0400

Heh. I'm pretty sure we already built & hosted our own music ibiblio site, back in ~1994. It was called NC Meme (Multimedia Exhibition of Musicians and Entertainers, or something like that) & I don't think it's archived anywhere. It was the first HTML I ever touched.

Based on my own anecdotal evidence (i.e. a couple of hours a week spent checking venue websites & etc), a heartening number of bands have already bailed on MySpace, for the greener pastures of Reverbnation or Bandcamp. A small but growing number of them even own their own domains (shock! horror! after only a decade or so!)

Ross