ch-scene - Re: Big Red O

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "martin hall" <mdhall005 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Big Red O
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:12:04 -0400

FYI, I have it from good sources...gates (whatever that means) at 1pm,
Superchunk at 2pm, Arcade Fire at 3pm.

I got a ticket this morning at the DAP in Durrrham...they claimed to have
"plenty" left.
I heard that the Town of Carrboro had upped the "capacity" from 3000-4000 to
6000.
Not sure where all those people would fit. I plan to wander down just for
the spectacle/chaos of the whole thing.

If you note, there is nothing on your little red "ticket" that guarantees
admission.
It's really more like a flier. I figure how ever many people get tickets,
at least twice as many people are likely to show up.
Should be an interesting scene. take over the streets. I'll watch from the
fringes. If I can even get that close.

BTW, after I voted and walked over to the Obama table at the DAP the guy at
the table asked if was there for Obama tickets.
I said I was there for Arcade Fire/Superchunk tickets, but was curious as to
when/where Obama would be in town.
Turns out Mr O will be at the Dean Dome on Monday night. I had no idea. I
live in a vacuum. I got tickets for that too.
Had to fill out a second clipboard. I gave them Hepler's cell phone number
both times.

Interesting note: I had to wait in line to vote. About 15-20 minutes.
Which is about 15-20 minutes more than I have had to wait in the last 2
elections voting on election day. There were probably around 50 people there
to vote at 11am. Not complaining, just found it interesting.

-5er