ch-scene - Resend: Hello and Bass Player Anyone

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Gary Miller" <gmiller.nc AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Resend: Hello and Bass Player Anyone
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:04:43 -0400

Hey everybody,

I got a message from Ross saying that the group --> email link was
broken and that not so many folks may have seen a message from me.
So, I'm resending now that I'm hooked back into the list directly. If
you got this twice, sincere apologies!

**************
Hey peeps,

I'm mostly settled in Durham now, although the wifey and I have more
stuff in boxes than out of boxes. I hope to get out to some shows
soon and see some people in person and all.

But, I wanted to throw and early feeler out there to see if anyone is
in the market for a bass player.

I'm sure there are tons of folks on the list who don't remember me, or
never knew me in the first place. So, here's a quicky: Lived in the
Triangle from 1994-1999. Played bass in Gumption, guitar in The
Mending Wall and snare drum in Earl Wells and the Gushers. Moved to
Atlanta and then Seattle. Most recent band in Seattle was a powerpop
group called Shake Some Action (www.myspace.com/shakesomeactionband -
we just finished recording a new record before I moved).

It'll probably be a month or so before my bass and amp are reachable
from our storage room. But, anyone who's looking drop me a note.

Hope to see some familiar faces soon!
Gary

  • Resend: Hello and Bass Player Anyone, Gary Miller, 04/23/2008