ch-scene - Re: Durham Magazine

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "James Hepler" <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Durham Magazine
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:54:51 -0400

http://www.durhammag.com

Yeah, I mean I think some of the photography is fantastic. I think some of
the writing is horrific. I can't bring myself to read the interview with
Durham Police Chief Jose Lopez. But the feel of the magazine, I don't
know. Wifey claims "D-Town & Country" which I can see. But I dunno. It
definitely seems most geared to people who can appreciate kitchens with
stone pizza ovens and people who have rooms in their dwelling that would
cost more than my whole house. One article that features diner type spots
in Durham just has this "Wanna Slum It?" feel to them.

There's a large article about the movie Bull Durham, and while they show all
these Durham related pics from the film, they don't show those places as
they actually look. I'm hoping that now that this magazine is out some
wealthy new Durhamite will come out to the Green Room tonight, kinda walk in
and walk out a la Grampa Simpson entering La Maison Derriere.

I'm still reeling from the horrible beer beef stew recipe I regret making
from Fifteen-501 magazine.