ch-scene - Re: Durham Magazine

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Durham Magazine
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:45:38 -0400

Like the subject line says, Durham Magazine. From the peeps who brought you Chapel Hill Magazine.

On the one hand, it's a big glossy (well, the cover is fancily matte, but anyway) lifestyle magazine with a section on rich-folks parties and weddings. On the other hand, the cover story is about the local dives where local celebrity chefs like to eat on their days off. It's always nice to see Vit Goal Tofu Restaurant featured in a glossy lifestyle mag.

If you haven't seen it, you must not live in a Durham zip code that the publishers consider la-di-da enough to mail it (for free) to. Perhaps you should be pleased.

(note that I don't live in such a zip-code either, but I was given a copy by an acquaintance who lives near the publisher).

Ross

p.s. yes, Hepler, the mirror is broken again, the part that makes things go from alt.music.chapel-hill over to ch-scene. It is provided, for free, by some company that's in the full-time UseNet business. I have emailed their support folks but thus far have had no reply.

Margaret Campbell wrote:
Durham Flyer? Or something else?