ch-scene - RE: RE: Reaper

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Paul Gallant <paulg AT simplemachine.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: RE: Reaper
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:37:11 -0400

@Chris Rossi,

Hey sorry about that. I know Reaper is not free. I wasn't thinking when I typed that!. I just about use it enough now that I'll have to spring for the $50 Reg.

Garage band on my Mac book is still what I record with most of the time though but It doesn't support VST plug-ins so I usually use my PC for that. There is a VST plug in wrapper for the Mac but I'd rather just use the real thing over a work around.

For Mac users there is another program that is free called Ardour (ardour.org) It was originally a Linux only program that they ported to OSX awhile back. I haven't tried it yet because it still uses the Jack audio engine from Linux instead of Core Audio. I'm afraid to install the OSX version of Jack in fear that it will cause Voodoo on my audio setup! :)

P.s. I haven't figured out how to do quotes on here so try to bear with me.

Paul Gallant
myspace.com/scientificsuperstar <http://www.myspace.com/scientificsuperstar>