ch-scene - Calling all MP3Js! "noWax Night" at The Federal on Tues. 4/26

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Tim Ross" <tubacity AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Calling all MP3Js! "noWax Night" at The Federal on Tues. 4/26
  • Date: 23 Apr 2005 09:55:30 -0700

Hey all you music fans and radio DJs and smart folks with well-stocked
MP3 players....if you ever had the desire to DJ in a bar/club in front
of a crowd but didn't feel like booking a gig or lugging around a bunch
of vinyl or CDs, now is your chance to shine.

The Federal has started up a monthly "noWax Night" where anybody can
sign up to play some songs from their MP3 player (iPod, Creative Zen
Xtra, Dell Jukebox, that overpriced flash memory player you bought in
2000, whatever). The next night is this Tuesday 4/26 from 10pm to 2am.
Sign-up begins around 9:30 pm, and each person will get a chance to
play approximately 15 minutes/3 songs worth of material.

The audience will help determine some favorite MP3Js and there are
going to be some really good prizes (a $50 gift certificate to the
Federal, all kinds of expensive iPod accessories from Digital Lifestyle
Outfitters, etc.). But regardless of who wins, the point is that anyone
has the opportunity to play their best mini-set of music for the
people. A democratization of DJing, or something like that.

I'm gonna help run this Tuesday's noWax Night so please come out and
"spin" some good stuff...otherwise I'm going to have to put my MP3
player on shuffle and see what it comes up with on its own.

Oh, and there is no cover charge or entry fee or anything. Plus, you
might even win a prize.

The Federal, 914 W. Main Street, Durham, NC 27701
http://www.thefederal.net
http://www.nowax.co.uk/

Thanks, and see you there...

Tim

  • Calling all MP3Js! "noWax Night" at The Federal on Tues. 4/26, Tim Ross, 04/23/2005