ch-scene - I saw a Vixen!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: mysterycircuits AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: I saw a Vixen!
  • Date: 21 Apr 2005 11:47:08 -0700

On my way home from work the other day, I saw a very rare and unique
motor home. It was on 54 going east, then it did a u-turn going west in
Carrboro.

This thing was wild. It looked like a corgi (the dog). It was really
really wide, but only as high as small car. Basically, like a shoe box.
Needless to say, it had trouble doing a u-turn.

So I did some research, and it's a rare RV built in Detroit from '86 to
'89. They all had BMW turbo-diesel
engines except for the '89 which had a Buick engine. It was designed by
a guy who worked for GM and DeLorean. It's called a Vixen. They only
made 587 of them.

Here are some sites with pictures:
http://stannerair.hypermart.net/Vixenhome.htm
http://vixenrv.org/

Is this thing local? Or was that probably the only time I'll even see a
Vixen again?

-Mike Walters
www.mysterycircuits.com