ch-scene - Masala Beat Club in Durham this weekend!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: SolidSoundSystem <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Masala Beat Club in Durham this weekend!
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:56:08 -0400

-----------------------------
Saturday, April 23

Our last parties at Ringside and Talulla's were some of our biggest ever, so
don't miss the latest installment of the Carolinas' longest-running
bollywood, bhangra and Asian electronic dance night!

To get in the mood, dowload free MP3's of DJ Marco's latest remixes!

Trillville vs. Sanj: "Some Das Ja"
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/music/audio/SomeDasJa.mp3

Ciara vs. A.R. Rahman: "Rangeela Step"
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/music/audio/RangeelaStep.mp3

TRIVIA CONTEST
The first five people to email djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com with the correct
answers to these three questions will get into this weekend's party
ABSOLUTELY FREE! Please respond with your full name.

1. One of the top bhangra production teams in the world has just signed to a
new label. Who is this group, and what to which label did they sign? HINT:
This production duo is from Glasgow, Scotland.

2. Ram Gopal Varma's latest film stars the son of one of bollywood's biggest
actors. Who is this star, and who is his world-famous father?

3. Washington DC's Thievery Corporation features which female Panjabi
vocalist on their latest album and tour? HINT: She is also known for singing
with Bally Sagoo and Panjabi Hit Squad.

Get your thinking caps on...
unless you're lazy, in which case get your Google on!

And make sure to check out our ad in SAATHEE magazine, available at almost
all Indian businesses in the triangle:
http://www.saathee.com/

-----------------------------
Sunday, April 24
CANCER RESEARCH BENEFIT AUCTION
at Humble Pie - Raleigh NC
7pm-9pm
I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but check out this auction for a good
cause. DJ Midnite Cowbwoy will be spinning some great tunes and Humble Pie's
great drinks and food will be on tap while you make that winning bid!
http://www.humblepiebakery.com/

  • Masala Beat Club in Durham this weekend!, DJ Marco, 04/20/2005