cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Using the CC public domain "license" for marking content not in copyright

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Using the CC public domain "license" for marking content not in copyright
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:30:35 -0800

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 01:16 -0500, Gavin Baker wrote:
> This is part question, part suggestion for license development
> (depending on the answer to the question). I think this is the
> appropriate list; I apologize if I'm wrong.
[...]
> I'm not sure how these questions interact with the rumored CC-Zero
> license, but I haven't heard much about that effort.

I went ahead and approved this message (I moderate this list with an
iron fist :)) because everything in it is directly relevant to CC-0,
which you can see has been pre-announced at

I don't have any further news about CC-0 ... it is under development and
will be announced with public discussion at the appropriate juncture,
but feel free to discuss the issues Gavin raises. I'll suggest anything
that veers away from directly relevant issues go to cc-community.

I'm also letting this through in part to break the silence after lots og
great 3.01/moral rights input. We're working to incorporate a good deal
of it, but are very busy, and versioning is not something to do in a
rush. :)

Thanks!
Mike

--