cc-licenses - Re: licence without original author credit

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam AT codegnome.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: licence without original author credit
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:30:45 -0800

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 11:15:09PM +0100, incite wrote:

> like to share our music without this complication. is there a way to
> obtain a cc-license without this obligation?

You'd have to use one of the Version 1.0 licenses. All of the 2.0
licenses contain the attribution requirements. There's been previous
debate about this; perhaps you'd like to weigh in on the subject in more
detail.

At any rate, while you can modify the text of the CC 2.0 licenses to
suit your needs, you wouldn't be able to call it a CC license at that
point. So, either the 1.0 licenses, or a modified 2.0 license, seems
like the way to go.

You may also want to look at the CC sampling licenses, which may be
different. Perhaps they'll be more appropriate to your needs than the
regular CC licenses listed on the http://creativecommons.org/licenses/
page.

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/