cc-licenses - Debian Legal critique and suggestions

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Tim Wesson <tim.wesson AT ntlworld.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Debian Legal critique and suggestions
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:20:41 +0000

Hi everyone!

I found this interesting legal critique of CC licences as they stand, together with some recommendations
<http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary#recommendations-for-creative-commons>;
I feel that these issues need to be addressed, not solely for the sake of the free software community,
but also because similar issues are likely to crop up elsewhere.

What do people think? I feel that it's certainly worthwhile to spend the time and effort getting these
licences rigorous and correct!

Faithfully,

Tim Wesson.

  • Debian Legal critique and suggestions, Tim Wesson, 02/27/2005