b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dividing the Earth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ron Snider <sarasotapt AT comcast.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dividing the Earth
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:45:53 -0500

While Robert's view certainly does have merit, I would only suggest that the apportioning of the earth, the dividing of languages, and the physical dividing of the earth are all in view in the verse.
My final question is why does the verb PLG so often refer to watery divisions? My suggestion is that the dry land was split by streams of water. Does the text not support that as a possibility?

You may answer off list, since I know we are on thin ice here.

Kudos to the moderators.

Ron Snider