b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Bullying, Challenging, and Appeasing: The Patterns of B-Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Bullying, Challenging, and Appeasing: The Patterns of B-Hebrew
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:43:38 +0300

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM, K Randolph wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 6:08 AM, Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Your observations, I am afraid, are facile and superficial.

> And what does a mathematician know about [...]

Hi Karl,

I do not think it is appropriate to question Isaac's credentials based simply
on the fact that he's a mathematician. Should people question your
knowledge based on your occupation? In this case, specifically, I think
that Isaac Fried has shown himself to be an expert in facile and superficial
observations despite his background in sound mathematics.

Yitzhak Sapir