approtech - [approtech] gassifiers for pto

approtech AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Appropriate Technology

  • From: Johnathan Yelenick <yelenick AT riseup.net>
  • To: approtech AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [approtech] gassifiers for pto
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:45:41 -0600

http://www.gekgasifier.com

wow. the recent thread piqued my interest and had me surfing all over the net. Check out this open source firm. Cool, cool stuff.

Use a g.e.k. to fuel a coupled engine that's coupled to a pto, which employs the wood chipper used to chip your fuel substrate.
Harvest the created biochar from the g.e.k. and put the biochar in the field shelterbelt coppice stand of Robina pseudoacacia and Quercus macrocarpa you established with an EQUIP-Organic Grant you won from the Natural Resource Conservation Service :) ...a shelterbelt-stand that serves as the substrate source for the gek.

Once a deep anthropic histosol is developed in the coppice food forest shelterbelt, the coppice should be producing like crazy providing more than enough biochar substrate, which then may go onto crop fields, which then produce like crazy - bettering the quality of life for everyone in the community and integrating the bioregion ecologically.

Seems, naturally, like a self-enhancing cycle. :)

There is this other local firm here in the Denver area that's making biochar machines too. But theirs are a little more pricey. http://www.biocharengineering.com/ How do you think these firms' products compare? I'm especially interested in the quality of the biochar.

looks like the biocharengineering unit doesn't capture the syngas or "woodgas" for mechanical work as the gek does.

Cheers,
Johnathan
Blacktail Farm
South Platte River Watershed

  • [approtech] gassifiers for pto, Johnathan Yelenick, 10/19/2010