approtech - Re: [approtech] New Fossil Fuel Free Demonstration Farm

approtech AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Appropriate Technology

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Appropriate Technology <approtech AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [approtech] New Fossil Fuel Free Demonstration Farm
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:01:28 -0400

On 10/18/2010 2:59 PM, Jon H wrote:

Hi Folks, this is a new project I'm involved in that I thought some of
you might be interested in. Using oxen, a woodgas tractor, and the
latest (and oldest) in appropriate technology we hope to create an
economically-solvent, fossil fuel free, demonstration farm.
On the domestic front, for the staff that live on-site we plan to have a
demonstration home that models home-tech that is not only sustainable
and off the grid, but also accessible to people of all incomes. Please
check out our website!
Thanks,
Jon Hoover
Living Energy Farm: Zero Fossil Fuel Demonstration Project
livingenergyfarm.org <http://livingenergyfarm.org/>
<http://livingenergyfarm.org/>
or contact Alexis AT conev.org <mailto:Alexis AT conev.org>
<mailto:Alexis AT conev.org <mailto:Alexis AT conev.org>>

Sounds wonderful, I wish you much luck and good fortune.

Finally, someone posts to this list. I will configure an accompanying blog for this forum tonight. It is:
Appropriate Technology
http://approtechnology.blogspot.com/

and all the posts in this forum will be posted simultaneously to this blog. Comments are open to the public. Anyone interested in becoming an author and creating posts to the blog let me know and I will add you.

Lawrence
lfljvenaura AT gmail.com
venaurafarm AT bellsouth.net