approtech - [approtech] New Fossil Fuel Free Demonstration Farm

approtech AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Appropriate Technology

  • From: Jon H <rhizomonkey AT gmail.com>
  • To: approtech AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [approtech] New Fossil Fuel Free Demonstration Farm
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:59:11 +0200

Hi Folks, this is a new project I'm involved in that I thought some of you might be interested in. Using oxen, a woodgas tractor, and the latest (and oldest) in appropriate technology we hope to create an economically-solvent, fossil fuel free, demonstration farm.
On the domestic front, for the staff that live on-site we plan to have a demonstration home that models home-tech that is not only sustainable and off the grid, but also accessible to people of  all incomes. Please check out our website!
Thanks,
Jon Hoover

PLEASE FORWARD

Living Energy Farm: Zero Fossil Fuel Demonstration Project

With the global environmental crisis growing in front of us every day, isn't it time that you DID something about it? The Living Energy Farm is a zero-fossil fuel community education center being built in Louisa County Virginia. Using both very new and very old technologies, we intend to demonstrate that a fossil fuel free lifestyle is both possible and rewarding,

With generous support from several donors, we have acquired a 127 acre parcel in Louisa County VA. We have raised about half of the money we need to make this project happen. We are looking for people to help develop the tools and technologies we will need to live on the land, to come live with us, to offer financial support or donations of materials, or to simply keep stay informed about the project as it develops. Check out our website to see how you can get involved.
livingenergyfarm.org <http://livingenergyfarm.org/>

or contact Alexis AT conev.org <mailto:Alexis AT conev.org>

We look forward to hearing from you.
Living Energy Farm
Alexis Zeigler
Debbie Piesen