aifia-education - Re: [Aifia-education] Education is not about content

aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of IA education

  • From: "Daniel Stouffer" <joesph_daniels AT hotmail.com>
  • To: victor AT victorlombardi.com, aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Aifia-education] Education is not about content
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:41:10 -0600

Comments:

One of the concepts I've found very interesting and a great way to explore a "problem domain" relates to exploratory learning. I often started out trying to understand the problem with no real path to a solution. One might start out with a general path or goal to be accomplished during a course but no real path that must be followed to arrive at a solution. I've noticed myself traveling down very different yet valid paths in the pursuit of solutions. One would not think that biology has much to do with interactive design but if you dig deep enough some piece of knowledge acquired from the depths of a microscope can be the key to a great idea. Of course, I not being a teacher do not fully understand how to put in place the checks and balances necessary in a classroom. As far as self-directed learning goes, I found exploring and train-of-thought navigation very fulfilling.

- Dan