aifia-education - Re: [Aifia-education] Education is not about content

aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of IA education

  • From: "Victor Lombardi" <victor AT victorlombardi.com>
  • To: <aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Aifia-education] Education is not about content
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:43:40 -0500 (EST)

Great, so how do we do this? The first semester I taught, my students
freaked out that the syllabus wasn't complete. Without knowing exactly
what they had to do week to week they were very insecure.

Another way of asking this is, how big of a fish to we teach them to
catch? In between the general directive of "Go design" and explaining the
specifics of Hick's Law there's a lot of levels of granularity at which we
could stop feeding them and asking them to think.