aifia-education - [Aifia-education] Core IA Competencies (was: Welcome...)

aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of IA education

  • From: "Livia Labate" <liv AT livlab.com>
  • To: <aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Aifia-education] Core IA Competencies (was: Welcome...)
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 00:28:04 -0300

I am specifically interested in this initiative because I am looking for a
Masters in IA and I simply cannot find one that fits my needs. I am
currently finishing a BA in Business & Foreign Trade, while having worked
with IA for the past 5 years; this is just to say that, a great challenge
for the IA curriculum is to serve a very varied audience with heterogeneous
backgrounds - librarians, business people, journalists and designers to name
a few.

I would love to hear what this group considers to be "core information
architecture competencies" because I have not seen any groups come to an
agreement or understanding on this theme yet (the most active controversial
talks belonging to the SIGIA-L discussion list by the way).

Regards,

Livia Labate
www.livlab.com | liv AT livlab.com