acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] SOPA/RWA "blackout"?

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com>
  • To: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>, "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] SOPA/RWA "blackout"?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:12:07 +0000

As Dcoetzee has suggested [1], perhaps it's time to take down the SOPA banner.

Who can do this?

-Jodi
[1] http://acawiki.org/index.php?title=AcaWiki%3ASOPA-RWA&action="historysubmit&diff=7623&oldid=7557

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com> wrote:
There are plenty of good roundups. What I haven't found is a good
take-action site along the lines of americancensorship.org or many
other anti-SOPA sites. I'll see if any of those people are planning to
do similar against RWA, but please day if I am or do miss the obvious
destination to link to.

> As for line breaks, did you try
> ?

Spacing, not breaks. Made "STOP SOPA ..." big with font-size:500%
which makes line spacing also huge, which is supposedly controllable
with line-height:

line-height:60%">STOP SOPA ☣ STOP RWA</p>

centering has no effect.

For some reason when rendered in the sitenotice area, the spacing is
worse than previewed on http://acawiki.org/MediaWiki:Sitenotice

Anyone knows how to make look better, please let me know.

Mike