[XOM-interest] Writing to XML through XOM APIs

Ravi Nathwani ravinathwani at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 06:45:19 EST 2004

 Hello Friends,

 I am using the nu.xom APIs in my application.
 My application starts a servlet in its startup. This
servlet reads the web.xml file for all the application
related configurations. Currently everything is
working fine.

 Now, since the number of parameters in the web.xml
file is large, I have to provide a GUI for performing
the configuration.

 The GUI will read the web.xml file using nu.xom APIs,
initialize the Swing components with the configuration
values, allow the user to modify these values and save
them and then restart the servlet.

 My GUI is ready with all the parameters read properly
and all the Swing components initialized. It also
performs all the required validations. Now I need to
save the new configuration values to the web.xml file.

 The application saves the ‘Document’ object globally,
which helps it retrieving the root element and all its
child elements. Now for each of the child elements, I
need to just update the value, keeping the Document
hierarchy same.

 The nu.xom APIs for the ‘Element’ class does have a
getValue() method, but it does not have a setValue()
method.

 Can you help me out with this?

 Thanks & Regards,
 Ravi.