[TypicalGirls] random info: Profalactics/Guys, Carambolage, Kandeggina Gang/Jo Squillo

Sharon Cheslow decomposition at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 10 19:45:45 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I got around to
updating the women in punk 1975-1980 list and
there are some really great bands I've just found
out about from submissions.
http://www.mindspring.com/~acheslow/AuntMary/bang/wip.html

Below are links to info and YouTube:

Profalactics:
Carolyn Crampton from this all-girl band in
Boulder, who was later in The Varve in SF, wrote
to me.  She has some great anecdotes about her
bands on her blog...
http://cramptonarts.blogspot.com/

They're featured on a compilation of early
Colorado punk bands, along with the Guys
(all-girl band from Denver)...
http://www.rockymountainlow.com/

Carambolage:
from a submission...
>http://www.jennywoolworth.ch/archive/bands/carambolage.html
>
>http://youtube.com/watch?v=fRHhFbQx4rA&feature=related
>
>http://anniesanimal.blogspot.com/2007/11/carambolage.html
>
>Their 1st LP was released in 1980:
>
>http://www.discogs.com/release/1095769
>
>Their 2nd LP Eilzustellung-Exprés was released in
1982.

Kandeggina Gang:
Orrore (1980)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcoYS5NqX6s

from a submission...
>Kandeggina Gang are a cult punk group in Italy,
>known just in underground/alternative scene in
>Milan.
>Unfortunately, online articles are only written in italian language.
>
>This is a link for a good text that talk about
>Jo Squillo (the leader of te band) and her first
>years in punk movement.
><http://www.ondarock.it/italia/josquillo.htm>http://www.ondarock.it/italia/josquillo.htm
>
>They started in late 70's inside an
>anrchist/left space called "Centro Sociale Santa
>Marta"
>They are just teenagers (abot 15 years old).
>
>Releases:
>
>1980 - Sono Cattiva/Orrore - Cramps Records 7"
>
>Then Jo Squillo (Giovanna Coletti) started a
>solo carreer, always with Kandeggina Gang
>members at the beginning.
>The artname was Jo Squillo Electrix.
>
>Releases:
>
>1981 - Girls Senza Paura - 20th Secret
>recordings (LP with 16 tracks) here the sound go
>to post-punk/new wave
>1983 - Avventurieri/Voodoo 7"
>
>With these Jo punk adventure finished.
>
>She went to mid 80's following a trashy side of Italo Disco style...
>In 90's she collaborate even with Sabrina
>Salerno (Italian Pop Icon between 80's and 90's)
>
>She's now presenter of a Fashion Tv Show in Italy.
>

>You can find pictures of kandeggina Gang on Google images.
>There is a myspace, there are their songs on the
>player but I don't think that the space is made
>by them (probably by some fans)
Here's a Jo fan space ... you can well see the
difference from past and present.
<http://www.myspace.com/josquillofanspace>http://www.myspace.com/josquillofanspace