[TypicalGirls] the "real" punks

Smurf ziggysmurfdust at pandora.be
Mon Jun 4 04:10:24 EDT 2007

What I was talking about was the "1 2 3 4" "chunka chunka" singalong
variety of punk as opposed to the inteligent ones more often discussd on
this list ;)

Vice Squad - The Very Best Of Vice Squad (Anagram CDPUNK116) comprises
their whole carreer, with both vocalists Bekki and Lia

Violators - The No Future Years (Captain Oi) With the No Future antems
Gangland and Summer Of 81, with boy/girl lead vocals

Action Pact - The Punk Singles Collection (Captain Oi) From no brain
singalong pogopunk (London Bouncers) to more thought through goth/post punk

Skeletal Family - Burning Oil & Bonus Tracks (Anagram cdmgoth02) Their
debut album, girls can sing in gothic bands too, it doesn't have to be all
malecentric like The (Southern Death) Cult or Sisters Of Mercy and proof
that it didn't start with Nightwish or Within Temptation ;)

Also The Adverts should be included since they had Gaye Advert on bass, an
icon that would influence dozens of female bassplayers in the future if
you ask me ;)
The Adverts - Anthology (The Original One Chord Wonders) (Devil's Jukebox)
2CD with singles, demos and live material spanning their two year and two
album carreer

All CDs are available through Amazon.co.uk

And not forget B52s as someone mentioned ;)

Op Sun, 03 Jun 2007 23:46:30 +0200 schreef Dina Hornreich
<dina.hornreich at gmail.com>:

> I'm not sure what you mean because I'm not particularly versed in the
> artists you give as examples.
>
> Please feel free to suggest CDs available for our audience to buy via
> accessible outlets (online or store front) and give me the blurbs
> explaining
> your rationale for recommending these bands to our audience of campers.

Time Is Irrelevant
Reality Is Improbable