[pleurothallid-l] The second most common Pleurothallis in myranch

Lynn O'Shaughnessy freespirit at pleurothallids.com
Tue Apr 29 10:04:20 EDT 2008

I do have two clones of P. pruinosa - one of which does have very long and
narrow leaves.  However, with this close-up photo, I would have to say that
it does not look like pruinosa flowers.  It was hard to tell at a distance
and I was making a suggestion on the plant and flowering habit.

Carl lists several species from the subgenus Acuminata that are endemic in
Brazil.  There are no descriptions or drawings in vol 18, but I think that
perhaps this plant may come from this group.  I will be on the lookout for
information.  Here is the list for all.

P. attenuate
P. gert-hatschbachii
P. heterophylla
P. lineolata (I have this one - nice plant!)
P. malmeana
P. nectarifera
P. pabstii
P. petersiana