[pleurothallid-l] warmth tolerant stuff

Linda Sedlacek lmg6534 at garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Fri May 13 13:09:49 EDT 2005

Hi, things have been WAY too quiet on this list for WAY too long.  I
haven't been a member for long, but I have learned quite a bit from
various people on the list.  Our local orchid society has been trying to
find people to do talks, and I volunteered.  I know, it is all my fault.
As I tried to figure out what to talk about, I started thinking about
what I know the most about, and that is pleurothallids.  Living in
Florida, I have to be careful of what pleurothallids I try to grow.  I'm
going to talk to them about how you decide whether or not an orchid is
appropriate for you or not.  I also want to go over the genera with an
emphasis on which pleuros are warmth tolerant.  I have a handful, but
not enough to fill up a talk.  Does anyone here know of any
warmth-tolerant pleurothallids that they would recommend to a bunch of
us here in Tallahassee, FL?  Also, do you know of where I can snag some
pictures of them?  Our group has a lot of relatively new members, and
pictures are very important to them.

Thanks a lot!

Linda