[permaculture] Other lists and resources for those interested in appropriate technology

Juergen Botz jurgen at botz.org
Wed Oct 28 04:53:18 EDT 2009

On 10/24/2009 04:07 AM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> I have also been thinking about the usefulness of having an ongoing
> thread here in PC that deals with health and longevity for Permies,
> or Permaculturists, whichever name you like to use.
>
> Paul's Permies.Com might want to add a forum like this. Preventive
> health, problem solving, longevity and nutrition are topics all of
> us deal with on an ongoing basis. This may be of special interest to
> those of us here who are over 50 and who come face to face with health
> and nutitional issues every day. I wonder how much interest there is in
> incorporating limited discussion on this topic here. Maybe it is too
> offtopic and should exist in a separate list, something like:

It's a topic I'm very interested in but I'd definitely suggest a separate
list.  Nutritional health is a very deep and factionalized topic which
tends to generate a lot of, err, heat in discussion.  Vegie vs carnie,
raw vs cooked, saturated fat vs un-... the list goes on.  Important as
these questions are, we really don't want them to drown out more
basic permacultural issue here.  IMHO.

:j