[permaculture] OT, need pointers for creating an intranet (website on my harddrive, displaying its contents) on one of my computers

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 12 00:45:48 EST 2009

I need pointers for creating an intranet (website on my harddrive,
displaying its contents) on one of my computers.

Where can I find the coding/tag information I need to create an html
file I can access with my Firefox browser's "Open file" command that
I can add code to for accessing files and folders that exist on a hard
drive on any of my computers, i.e. I need to build an Intranet on my
home system, eventually on my network. Some of the folders represent
collections of downloaded entire websites (top level filesystem) on
various topics (these are pairs consisting of a base html file and its
associated folder, containing all files listed in the html file). I have
temporarily uploaded some of these pairs to my website as a a test and
they display fine on a linux server, but doing the same on my home
computer running WinXP is another matter...

I just use a simple ascii text file editor to create html files so all I
need is the tag info I can use to make it happen.

Any suggestions?