[permaculture] purified water

sinergyinaction at netscape.net sinergyinaction at netscape.net
Mon Oct 6 06:05:18 EDT 2008

 Well it may well end up like this, and we all have to die sooner or later after all, so why bothering about permaculture at all in the first place???....Even if we run out of oil, which will probably not happen in quite a long time (which is different than peak oil) we'll still have to drink water and, especially if like many millions of people, we'll continue to live in huge urban centres, this water will be most probably heavily polluted. I still have the hope that things can change, and that the very same people that is now polluting might decide to switch to new systems (hopefully more eco-friendly) Nobody knows the future, but in order to be able to propose useful alternatives one has to be as healthy as one can be, even in those circumstances you are describing. If we are what we eat and drink (among other things) probably having access to an unpolluted and safe supply of water can make a huge difference in what you can do both for yourself and others.
Even water in a puddle can be solar distilled and probably made safer by adding other substances...like some has suggested earlier.

Ciao
Antonio