[permaculture] Planting live Xmas tress

KSantoyo kathryn at earthflow.com
Thu Dec 18 17:05:35 EST 2008

Not sure your nursery's info was exactly correct (re planting
immediately). After all, there are many nurseries in cold climates
that overwinter their potted trees above ground!

The key, of course, is to protect the root ball from drying out and
freezing- and this can be accomplished by INSULATING the pot with, for
example, a quantity of mulch up and around the container- aim for at
least 10" worth all around...

merry merry-

Kathryn

EarthFlow Design Works