[permaculture] A Global Cultural Revolution

Robert Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Sat Jun 30 23:28:12 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl at intrex.net>
> I just can't believe this. There's more to the
> situation in Afganistan and it has to do with
> lack of collaboration with
> Afgan leaders in the use of their
> recommendations for avoiding civilian
> casualties.
>
> Bob Waldrop: I'd like to hear a brief comment
> from you about this.

>From the beginning the war on the people of
Afghanistan was an unjust war.  I was against it
then and I remain against it now.  I regularly
participate in public actions against the war, and
recently crafted a series of "Postcards from
Osama" posted at my website
www.energyconservationinfo.org as PDF's ready to
download print, cut, and mail, for people to use
in consciousness-raising efforts regarding the
real reason for our wars in the Middle East.  The
most charitable thing I can say about these very
short, 150-225 word essays, is that they are
inflammatory political satire.

But I continue to think that my most effective
anti-war work is with the Oklahoma Food
Cooperative and various permaculture activities.
Democracy at the federal level in the US is a
consumer fraud.  As long as I can continue to
exercise my right of free speech, I will do so,
but I have no illusions about anyone paying any
attention at that level.

Succession works in politics just like it works in
our gardens and permaculture projects.  There's no
point in trying to fool Mother Nature, because it
can't be done in our wildest delusions.  The laws
of thermodynamics are the laws of thermodynamics,
and they admit no exceptions, not even for United
Statesians.  I tend to think the best we can hope
for is a managed decline, and the most crucial
political decisions will be made at the local and
county levels.

I wouldn't mind being Secretary of Anarchy, but I
don't think I would make a good Secretary of
State.

Bob Waldrop, tadpole swimming in Oklahoma City, 18
straight days of RAIN!  Last year this time we
were burning up, literally, in drought and
wildfires.  Unbelievably lush growth in my "forest
edge garden-yard."