[permaculture] ADMIN: Editing quoted material was Re: No-till potatoes - surface cultivation and deepmulching

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Tue Jun 26 23:40:28 EDT 2007

Loren Davidson wrote:
=====================

Please, please, PLEASE!!!!

Do *not* leave the entire digest file in your reply when you post to the list! It makes the *next* digest file even
longer, because people then have to scroll through the same damn thing two or three times in order to get to any
material they *haven't* seen yet.

On this particular thread, the person who started the topic did the good thing of changing the subject line, but then
left the entire digest - none of which was relevant to his post - attached at the end. The person who replied to it left
*everything*.

Time and bandwidth are not unlimited resources. Use them as wisely as you use soil and water.

Thanks for listening,

Loren

Loren Davidson   listmail at lorendavidson.com
"Escape Artist" - http://www.lorendavidson.com
"Work is the curse of the drinking class" - WC Fields
--

============================

You beat me to it. I just got a complaint in email about this.

Nota Bene:

In Future:
----------

Please remove all unneeded, non-pertinent quoted text you include in your replies to any and all messages in this
permaculture forum. This especially applies to those who receive their messages in digest format.

I have sugested that those weary of having to deal with interminable furlongs of unnecessary quoted text
should yell loudly at transgressors. Loren and I could always put offending subscribers on moderation after three
instances of this dreary practice. Yea or Nay on this?

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm