[permaculture] Perennail Vegetable book

Sean Maley semaley at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 10:08:28 EDT 2007

About 70 pages of book, 120 pages of perennial vegetable guide, and then about 20 pages of resources and further reading.

I have used the book to good effect at a NYC farmer market.  I had one farmer telling me that there were only "two" perennial vegetables: asparagus and [something else I'm blanking at the moment].  I happen to have this book with me to dispute his claim and introduce him to the Edible Forest Garden book, as well.

Since this vendor often carried unusual products compared to the other vendors, I saw potential openness to new directions.  I presented the concept worth at least trying as a hobby, but potentially useful for food production when other vendors were unable to compete.

I'll follow up with him in the coming weeks.

Another vendor will be hosting my family so I can check out his personal property.  I've given him gallons of mead, so have a well established connection.

-Sean.
Sharon Gordon <gordonse at one.net> wrote: Anyone get to see this yet and have a review?

Perennial Vegetables: From Artichokes to Zuiki Taro, A Gardener's Guide to Over 100 Delicious and Easy to Grow Edibles
by Eric Toensmeier

Sharon
gordonse at one.net

Subscribe or unsubscribe here: