[permaculture] Peak Oil -

Tommy Tolson healinghawk at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 18:21:06 EDT 2007

Marjory wrote:
> Hi Tommy,
>
> I sincerely appreciate that you are getting it about the end of oil, the
> various plans of the neocons, and your calls to wake up.  Yes, its all
> happening - its real - and humanity is in for some serious changes.  Anyone
> who starts to see this should be scared shitless, and it sounds like you are
> there.  That is good.  That is what it takes to make the necessary changes.
>
> What are you doing specifically?  I see you are from Austin by your email.
> That is a fairly large city.  Are you growing your own food there?  Have you
> constructed a water catchment system?  Or perhaps, dug a pond for fish?
> What designs have you implemented?  Have you created a community where there
> is a focus towards sustainability?

I am in the observation phase of designing Ecocity Austin.

I live in an apartment.

I'm a disabled vet living on disability compensation.

I buy all my food, either from the store or the farmers market - or the
coop, if I drive up there.

I drive a gasoline-powered car.

One of my teachers at New College was Richard Heinberg, author of /The
Party's Over/.

Basically, I'm fucked.  I'm into designing my way out of there without
weenying out and designing a groovy farm in Bumfuck, Egypt to avoid the
marauding hoards of starving urbanites after 2030.  I don't want to live
if human civilization fails.

Thanks for responding.

Smiles.
Tommy Tolson