[permaculture] GIS

Rich Blaha rich at mossbackfarm.com
Tue Sep 26 10:56:48 EDT 2006

Hi Paul

There is some competition for ESRI, but Qgis is starting waaaaaayyyy
behind the juggernaut, with a huge lead to overcome.  But hey, they said
that about firefox, too.

I've never worked with Qgis....I'm thinking of messing around with it
some this winter, but I know for a fact it won't happen before then.
Hawth's Tools (http://www.spatialecology.com/htools/tooldesc.php) is
probably what you're looking for as a free plug in to Arc9x.  It's got
pretty much the functionality that I remember from the free Xtools, plus
a little more.

I'd love to see your database/template/model.  What's the best way to
get it (with the understanding that I'm on a dialup connection.... :) )?

Cheers
Rich
www.mossbackfarm.com/journal

>   6. Re: introduction (Paul Cereghino)