[nafex] NAFEX on Facebook

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 05:38:52 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM, Andre Pierre <hello at protocol6.com> wrote:
>
>> Sites like Facebook and Google are not *just* convenient tools. They are
>> big corporations that often (usually?) have questionable patterns of
>> behavior.
>> To use them, and to actively encourage others to use them, is to endorse
>> such behaviors, or at best to turn a blind eye to them.
>>
>> For Facebook the list is pretty extensive and in my view damning:
>> https://stallman.org/facebook.html.

More about this, found tonight after going down a rabbit hole in a blog to
some very interesting pages:
The Facebook Bully
Judge an online community by how well it protects its most vulnerable users.
https://medium.com/@jomc/the-facebook-bully-d7a16f6ede38
"Earlier this year, Google Plus abandoned its real-name policy as it created
<http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/07/17/google_plus_finally_ditches_its_ineffective_dangerous_real_name_policy.html>
“unnecessarily difficult experiences for some of our users.” This was an
opportunity likewise for Facebook to revise its approach to community
management. But the meeting was doomed from the start. Facebook apparently
had no intention of negotiating because the policy was crafted for the sale
of targeted ads not for the safety of human beings with complex identities."

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura at gmail.com
http://www.avantgeared.com