[nafex] Pear surprise

Bob Hartman hartmansfruit at msn.com
Thu Jul 4 00:29:17 EDT 2013

My first question is: Do the pears have seeds in them?  Sometimes trees will
produce fruit without pollination.  That happened to me a couple of years
ago.  I had a Sirrine pear tree that nearly every pear had no seeds in them.
They were a little smaller than usual.  The process is called
parthenocarpic.
Bob Hartman
Western Washington