[nafex] Early pruning

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 22:31:09 EDT 2012

I'm not covering anything. It's going to be too cold and too windy to
make any difference. Every time I check the forecast, it looks worse.
When they were predicting 12 degrees, I figured it was early and maybe
it wouldn't end up being nearly that cold. No such luck. Here's what the
national weather service has to say, now that Monday night is here:

"Clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -8. North wind
between 6 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph."

Those are Fahrenheit temperatures, of course. The only "precaution" I
took was to pick the daffodils that were in bloom and those showing
color in the buds. I fully expect that flowers, leaves and everything
will be killed to the ground. I really don't know what it will do to the
fruit trees. What a spring.

Steve (in the Adirondacks)