[nafex] Organic Brown Rot Control

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 22 13:58:39 EDT 2012

  Last year I had brown rot on my cherries and plums for the first time.
I had not had any experience of brown rot before, so it took me a awhile
to identify it. However after doing so I was pretty meticulous about
removing mummies and trying to keep the areas around the trees as clean
as possible.

Can anyone suggest the best organic methods for controlling brown rot?
Last spring I just sprayed with dormant oil. I've heard sulfur can be
effective.

I'd really like to keep it under control, not only for my cherries and
plums but so it doesn't spread to my other stone fruit.

Thanks,

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC