[nafex] Gold Rush and Keepsake

Dave Griffin griffingardens at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 29 21:02:38 EST 2012

I don't grow apples either but I have Keepsake too and love its aromatics,
sweet flavor and hard crisp texture. You'd better know how to graft if you
want to grow it though because it is hard to find finished trees for sale
even in MN. This is because of its smaller than commercial size and also
because it kind of got lost coming out of MN as it did in the shadow of
Honeycrisp, (Ironically, DNA testing has now determined it is one parent of
HC).  Goldrush and Keepsake - two different kinds of good storage apples!

Dave