[nafex] Titania Black Currant - Self-Fertile?

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 26 07:39:01 EST 2012

  Hello Dan,

I have a rather neglected lonely blackcurrant (I forget which one) and
despite a whole bunch of abuse it fruits every year. I am pretty sure
no-on else in the neighbourhood has one ( I believe I am the only
fruit-obsessed nutter in the area), which leads me to believe it must be
self-fertile.

I am not sure whether fruit set would be increased with another plant,
personally I hardly ever know what to do with them (although I loved
blackcurrant juice as a child in the UK). I got scared about planting
more because we have lots of white pines the we adore, but I am too much
of a deliberator to get rid of it, even though it's in a unfavourable
position. So I guess the abuse will contine!

All that to say, I would say that there's a good chance your Titania
will be self-fruitful. Let me know how the flavour is.

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC