[nafex] Butternut

Maria Schumann mariaschu at vtlink.net
Sat Jan 21 22:09:21 EST 2012

I have butternut seedlings, some 3 yrs old, some 2 years old.  I
threw a bunch of butternuts in my garden a few falls ago-- and
miraculously, with no vole protection (and we have a huge vole
problem) they grew!  Some came up the first year,  some the following
spring.  Send me your address and I could send you some-- I'd be
happy to do a trade.  The tallest were about 21/2 ft last fall.

Maria Schumann
Cate Hill Orchard
Greensboro VT zone3/4