[nafex ibiblio list] Peach kernel - substitute for sweet almond (making marzipan)?

Melissa Kacalanos mijwiz at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 14:39:38 EST 2012

Almost all stone fruits have poisonous pits. SOME varieties of apricot are an exception to this, with edible pits, which I think are better than almonds because they have a stronger flavor.

I believe attempts have been made to breed a peach with edible kernels, with no success. If you stop posting here, we'll know that you've been eating peach kernels in quantity.

I'd be interested in a discussion of which apricots have the tastiest fruit and kernels. I'm sure this would make my local squirrels happy.

Melissa