[nafex] Planting hardy kiwis

Caren Kirk quirky at videotron.ca
Fri Aug 31 09:58:53 EDT 2012

  Thanks Dave and Scott. I have had these plants for a couple of years
now, so I know how vigorous they can get. I too do my "sorting" in the
winter typically and just trim back any really annoying growth in the
summer.

On the pergola there is basically 2 posts with trellis attached. Each
trellis is about 18" wide and they are about 6-8 foot apart. Once
they've grown up the 8ft trellis (which will pretty much be immediate as
the plants are mature and trailing out of their transplant pots!) they
have another 7 or 8 feet to grow horizotally along the top where they
can spread to fill out the whole roof (about 8' by8').

As I said I am just greedy and want as much fruit as possible! I agree
about the grape though, I think they would be too aggressive for it.

Thanks again for your input.

Caren