[nafex] M27 Fruit

Tim Wray ismlu at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 16:45:15 EDT 2012

     To answer M27 Fruit?
     Disclaimer:   The best I can do from memory now nearly 7 months old.  Results averaged from only 4 dead ripe fruits; from 2 very small trees; grown here (Kansas); in un-amended and not terribly rich very heavy clay/loam soil; receiving full midsummer sun until only about 2:00 pm, shaded there after.
     Shape:           Slightly flattened globe (both ends indented), some may have been slightly conical.
     Size:              Up to 1 and ¾ inches diameter.
     Appearance:   Attractive; yellow to very slightly orange/yellow, most with a slight reddish blush on the sunny side, no russeting but with a few small, but noticeable, lenticels (I think).
     Skin:              Thick, tough.
     Flesh:             Undesirable; very dry and very soft, mushy.
     Flavor:           Almost absent entirely but very slightly tart.