[NAFEX] hardy kiwi ripening off vine?

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Sat Aug 20 14:43:02 EDT 2011

Hi Paul,  We usually pick them hard and let them ripen at room temp. or put
them in the fridge to keep them longer (then let them ripen at room temp.  A
few soft ripe ones is usually our sign that it's time to pick, but for us
that is usually Sept.  It can vary year to year.  Pick a few and see if they
ripen inside to a pleasant sweetness.  Leaving on the vine too long makes
them an awful mess to pick, just soft and mashy.   Hector Black, zone 6
middle tn